Watts for Breakfast

Discuss past and future aviation events conducted at Watts Bridge,
including organization, promotion, volunteers and outsourcing.
Electra

Watts for Breakfast

Postby Electra » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Thanks, go to Katrina and Mark and Watts Bridge members for their sterling effort in making this event such a success. The attendance and support from the home base groups is great to see and works towards making Watts Bridge a cohesive and friendly community.

Despite the extreme weather conditions aviators in south east Queensland turned out with people flying in from all over and driving in from locations such as the Sunshine Coast.

Great photos on the website.

Nick Potter

Re: Watts for Breakfast

Postby Nick Potter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 pm

Is Watts for Breakfast still treated at an arm's distance, ie mark and Katrina operate aside from the BOM or is this now under the association?
An embarrassment to us if still treated seperately.

DougStott

Postby DougStott » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 pm

WBMA is not a social club, it is there to manage the facility. If not for M & K, Watts 4 B'fast would not have started or continued. It has done something good for WSG and that has brought members together, in addition to visiting pilots and friends. Well done to those involved.

Nick Potter

Postby Nick Potter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Disagree Doug.
Social cohesion at WBMA should absolutely be a core role of the BOM. Am I ms taken, but isn't Christmas in july a WBMA initiative?
I'm keen to hear what other members think but I'd like to see this as an objective for any future events we hold. The BVA and previous fly-ins are sadly lacking in member participation. The "usual suspects" (10 approx. members) do all the work. Why don't we see 90% involvement? It's the same "usual suspects" that carry out the maintenance.
I propose that as part of the membership interview a volunteer requirement list be agreed upon by potential members. It irks many of the working members that the others take them for granted. I'm not alone in being abused by other members while trying to carry out work on the airfield.
What? Sorry I disturb your weekend!
Perhaps we should just farm out all the work to commercial operators and pass the cost onto the members...sorry, sarcastic note

Nick Potter

Postby Nick Potter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Sorry to those that can't fly S&L. Christmas in July is an AAC event

Electra

Postby Electra » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:46 am

The day of the last breakfast, was a hot one. The temperature got up to 45.6 by 3pm and at 4pm was still 42, Celsius, that is. The turnout given the predicted hot weather was magical. Putting up tents and cooking over a BBQ in heat is not that pleasant, but everyone did it with a smile and had a good time for good measure. Horses for courses, I say.
Last edited by Electra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Potter

Postby Nick Potter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Think you might have the wrong end of the stick here Electra.
Some senior members of the BOM never attended a WfB.
WfB is a brilliant initiative of M&K. More of its ilk please.

Katrina Duke

Postby Katrina Duke » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks to everyone who attended Watts for Breakfast last Sunday. We had a good turn out of 19 planes flying in from various airfields to sit, eat and chat. Next one in scheduled for Sunday June 11. Everyone welcome.

Richard Faint

Postby Richard Faint » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm

w4b_20170312.jpg
Breakfast diners linger to enjoy a good story and bottemless coffee!!
(327.89 KiB) Downloaded 4955 times